PROJECT INFORMATION UPDATED!
In 2019 we actively started to plan for a cluster of 8 small S75 flats on the North Whins (NW) site of Duneland, in the Findhorn Ecovillage.
Here’s the current situation as @20 April 2020:
- Duneland’s North Whins proposal approved by Moray Council on 20 August 2019.
- oct/19: PET NW affordable Housing is now into its own Moray Council planning phase:
- approval process expected to be completed latest February 2020
- construction to start March/April 2020
- dec/19: Funding preparation: main grant request being prepared and sent
- feb/20: After a technical delay, the Board has given the Building Warrant Application process their ok; the Project Team is looking at ways to minimise knock-on timescale delays
- apr/20: current health crisis has put everything on hold; so we await formal guidance regarding administrative & funding application processes already underway
North Whins is being designed as a worthy addition to our portfolio of affordable homes. The portfolio consists of the relatively big East Whins (EW) homes and the smaller one bed-room West Whins (WW) cluster.
We are looking to fundraise £500,000 for this project. Thank you for considering this project for a donation or a loan. For details about donations, see here ; for loans, please [email protected] ℅ Fundraising.
To make “affordable” sustainable, our West Whins funding strategy successfully prioritised borrowing within the Community (through Ekopia Ltd. plus private loans) and an application to the Scottish Rural Housing Fund (RHF). Two Community members offered PET their pension funds as a loan, for a total of £140,000; and another person came to Ekopia offering a £100,000 loan.
We would very much like to — again — secure a major grant from the Scottish Ministers, and attract donations and loans from within and without the community. The land has been effectively gifted by Duneland Ltd. (ie sold for a nominal fee).
The allocation process for these flats will be similar to those used in the previous projects. read more ….
Construction is planned to commence in March/April 2020. You’ll be able to follow it on our construction blog updates.