The scale of change needed in today’s world requires creativity at the same level, a new model and self-leadership with hard&soft skills that seem polar opposites. Being
- technology-savvy while also deeply aware of natural & human systems and psychology;
- courageous, but humble enough to deeply listen and change course if needed;
- aware of the true & foundational elements of the things we are trying to change, but innovative
to name a few.
The goal for leaders in communities, businesses (divisions, teams) and of course self-leaders is to ensure that: at least we can meet future crises; at most avoid repeating the bad choices of the past and/or creatively solve the pressing problems we are faced with, and; at best do the required work to maintain trust in & of ourselves and our communities — ie. (f)actually be the change we want to see.
Here’s a topical 3.5 minute read on the subject. Though written for visioning businesses in VUCA times,[mfn]volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous[/mfn] the message is pretty clear for us as the planet Earth’s stakeholders when we think about it!
- Our daily choices (products, services, politics) make us the end user — “(s)he who must be obeyed”/made happy (individuals/communities/teams/divisions/businesses).
- We are responsible for choosing & manifesting & upholding our own “prime directive.”[mfn]I love Star Trek’s Prime Directive which Vision/Mission statement has been described as follows: “As the right of each sentient species to live in accordance with its normal cultural evolution is considered sacred, no Starfleet personnel may interfere with the normal and healthy development of alien life and culture. Such interference includes introducing superior knowledge, strength, or technology to a world whose society is incapable of handling such advantages wisely. Starfleet personnel may not violate this Prime Directive, even to save their lives and/or their ship, unless they are acting to right an earlier violation or an accidental contamination of said culture. This directive takes precedence over any and all other considerations, and carries with it the highest moral obligation.” (Menke, Bernard E.; Stuart, Rick D. (1986). The Federation. FASA. p. 5.)[/mfn]
- It’s up to each individual and entity to decide what it really truly wants, and then go for it!
Q: What is it that is really, truly important for me, my family, my wider family, my community, today and for the foreseeable future?
A: How about: abundant & viable, beautiful, harmonious, peace filled, loving communal life based on deep inner listening, co-creation with nature and with our work actually being Love in action?
If, as an old book states: by their fruits ye shall know them,[mfn]Matthew 7:16-20 King James Version 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.[/mfn] then I ought to begin all my “works” acknowledging responsibility for my results.
So why not get together with like-heart/minded others to expect & manifest[mfn]click here for PET’s Mission&Aims and for New Projects [/mfn] the miracle of “bringing Heaven to Earth“!