Dates for your diary in case you are able to join in:
For more detailed info on any of the below, please contact: [email protected] or via the CCC.Facebook: https://facebook.com/groups/579850887019766/ .
This Thursday 8/06, 11am to 12:30pm – upper level of Phoenix Cafe I will be hoping to meet folk who have an interest in developing a ‘dementia awareness and peer support group’ with the intention of helping to build a dementia friendly community.
The End of Life Support Group will be meeting on Thursday 15/06 at 14:00 to 16:00 in the Sunshine Room. You are invited to attend if you are interested and have intention to be a part of a support group that would be contacted at the point where a community member (located within Moray) has reached the final weeks of their life journey. Some folk in CCC are already part of this group.
Thursday 22/06, 18:00 to 20:00 we are hosting a Playlist for Life event at the Sunshine Room. I am in the process of developing a poster for this and will be advertising it as soon as I can but please do let others know! Suggested donation will be £5. Anyone who is willing to help with set-up, do teas, and clear away please do and you are so welcome to arrive at 17:30 to set up and we have the space till 20:30 for clear up. If you are willing to contribute baked goods/biscuits/eats, that would also be so very welcome too. There is no way to know how many will join us but we are planning to have fun!
CCC Task Force Zoom – next meeting: Monday 10/07 at 15:00 – 16:30
PLEASE NOTE ANY OF THE ABOVE IN YOUR CALENDAR/DIARY so you don’t miss out on the opportunities .[vertical-spacer]
There are a few other things that will be coming up – dates, times, etc.: still to be determined but for your awareness, and if you are interested in helping/being an active part please contact [email protected]:
- Endometriosis Peer Support
- End of Life Paperwork Days
- Digital Play Showcase
- ‘Conversations on Death’ (name to be determined and opening this out to a wider audience outside the Findhorn Spiritual community)
- End of Life Planning event in collaboration with Findhorn Foundation to be held at Cluny (will be offered to all residents of Forres and outlying areas), this is being planned for October
- ‘Aging Gracefully’ – elder sharing group to be hosted in Forres by Rog Coulson (and myself certainly in the initial stages).
- Please also remember that we offer a Power of Attorney and Executor Peer Support Group held on Zoom roughly every 4 to 6 weeks and this is for people who are PoA or Executor (whether active or ‘waiting in the wings’) for people who are in the local community. This is advertised regularly but if you have definite interest in joining this please email ccc.corn[email protected] to get added to the waiting list.
- Due to circumstances which have caused me to have to reduce some of my personal engagement I have not been able to actively pursue the continuing development of the CCC Helpline and I will be inviting people to a conversation about this in the near(ish) future as I still believe it has great potential to offer very helpful support to the whole community throughout Moray, and can certainly help to support CCC coordinators, etc. It would be very helpful for me to know if you would like to express your interest in learning more about this initiative.
- Forres Care Circle – Jane and I are meeting with Leona Graham this week to discuss a social gathering and development and ongoing activities of this group.
- CCC – Summer Gathering – let’s get together for a potluck social event under the hinterland shelter. Our biggest challenge is finding the right day and time. We are welcome to book the shelter and offer a donation so if we can all bring £1 when we finally decide that would be great. If someone has another idea please jump right in with any suggestions perhaps we can hire TTF space for this because that way the weather will not cause doubt!
If you have any questions you would like to ask about any of the planned activities let [email protected] know
With and grace to you all,
Laura Shreenan, Caring Community Coordinator