re. CALCULATOR METHODOLOGY information
- Please click here.
- Secondary footprint tab
we don’t use this tab as it calculates business2business (supplier deliveries of raw materials and manufacturing parts) emissions.
re. PET’s OFFSET PROJECTS
Our CarbonOffset Projects list
- offers you variety and choice. Many projects also provide additional benefits such as developing local biodiversity, education, jobs, food security, clean water and health.list
- can prove that they could not have happened without carbon offset money. This is the guarantee that your money has an effect.
- are certified according to the highest international standards.
- are registered in an internationally accepted register and the offsets are retired in order to avoid double counting. This is the guarantee that offsets are not being sold twice.
- are verified regularly by 3rd party auditors, who check the amount of carbon offset that is promised – by savings or sequestration – against project delivery.
- Project prices equate to the cost of offsetting one tonne of your CO2e (i.e including all GHG equivalents) emissions.
- Price differences have to do with the
- size of project,
- additional positive effects which individual projects bring and
- the local standard of living: high cost areas have high cost projects.
re. THE SHOPPING CART / CHECKOUT (“Amount to offset” page)
Reloading or refreshing the “Amount to Offset” page in your browser will result in the same item (both quantity and price) being doubly added to your cart (this is a known unsolvable software anomaly).
- if you want to change projects in the checkout product line
we recommend you to ‘BIN’ it and re-choose a new project re-inputting your “SELECT” options; “Add to Cart”; fill in “Quantity” and “enter.” (If you have forgotten the quantity of your CO2equivalent emissions, you’ll find it on the ‘Results’ tab of the ‘Offset Calculation’ page via the Navigation Menu (top right) under “Carbon Offsetting>Offset Calculation”
- if you want to start over from the calculation page
please ‘BIN’ the product line and use the website navigation menu ONLY (top right) to return to “Carbon Offsetting>Offset Calculation,” and once there in the “Results” tab click on “clear your carbon footprint data” to start from the beginning.