In addition to financial management, a healthy NGO has […] governance and leadership, clear strategic direction, high quality programme management with involvement of beneficiaries, effective human resources management, shared values and a conducive organisational culture.
conducive – adjective – making a certain situation or outcome likely or possible.
A January 2017 Development Report informed the Board’s decision to change the way PET does things:
- operate “integrally”—taking colleagues’ belief and mindset into account, so that job descriptions fit individual strategic and/or executive interests,
- co-create simple procedures so that we CAN focus on what we like (=are good at) doing,
- further clarify PET’s Vision, Mission and Aims (& business plan)
This meant moving from being a volunteer-based executive charity to
- a strategically led executive charity,
- providing effective “back-office services” for diVisional project/program directors and managers
- with a dedicated key functional associate base (part time) of
- diVisional project/program managers,
- legal, fundraising, administrative/executive director
- and an all-volunteer Strategic and Supervisory Board of Directors and Trustees.