In addition to financial management, a healthy NGO has […] governance and leadership, clear strategic direction, high quality programme management with involvement of beneficiaries, effective human resources management, shared values and a conducive organisational culture.
conducive – adjective – making a certain situation or outcome likely or possible.
A January 2017 Development Report informed the Board’s decision to change the way PET does things:
- operate “integrally”—taking colleagues’ belief and mindset into account, so that job descriptions fit individual strategic and/or executive interests,
- co-create simple procedures so that we CAN focus on what we like (=are good at) doing,
- further clarify PET’s Vision, Mission and Aims (& business plan)
[bctt tweet=”…with unabashed faith and trust— based not on assumptions but— in self, each colleague/friend and something Bigger than ‘only me’… —P.E.T.board” via=”no”]
This meant moving from being a volunteer-based executive charity to
- a strategically led executive charity,
- providing effective “back-office services” for diVisional project/program directors and managers
- with a dedicated key functional associate base (part time) of
- diVisional project/program managers,
- legal, fundraising, administrative/executive director
- and an all-volunteer Strategic and Supervisory Board of Directors and Trustees.
So, we welcome expressions of interest for the following PETeam positions:
DiVisional Managers– volunteers who are
- passionate about one specific area of our Vision (see under Aim) for the wider Community
- passionate to develop an existing/start any new area within the remit of our Memorandum of Association (do come&talk with any member of PET’s board)
- available for quality operational input adhoc (win:win:win), though not interested in a supervisory role.
Fundraising Manager– volunteer, preferably experienced, for
- operational input (win: win: win)
- fund sourcing, grant writing,
- donor+donation follow-up & compliance.
Non-Executive Directors– volunteers who are
- passionate about our Vision for the wider Community (wholly or one specific aspect)
- available for strategic input adhoc and 2 hour Board meeting every 2nd month
- supervision of PET’s executive activities.
Finance Director– a volunteer accountant/ banker, for
- strategic input adhoc and 2 hour Board meeting every 2nd month
- project fund-packaging
- program financial control
- supervision of PET’s books and financial compliance.
Trust/Board Secretary (Director)- volunteer administrator/lawyer, for
- strategic & operational input on governance, admin. and organisation adhoc and 2 hour Board meeting every 2nd month
- legal administrative compliance and
- supervision of the administration of PET’s executive activities.
Skilled & Interested to know more?
[email protected] c/o Chair, or fill in the Online application here.